Friday, September 4, 2009

LOTTERY SCAM - - EXPLAINED WITH REAL EXAMPLES

In response to my last article on the topic above; one of my friend, Margaretteansay, from Naga City, Philipines shared her own experience of such scam; which is presented here with her comments on my last article:

"Hello Shahid
Thanks for posting informatio
n about this lottery scam. It's very important for everyone to know it. This scammers had many ways to fool their victims. I want to post here one example of a mail I received from them.


From the Desk of:
Special Deposit Department
C.L bank Switzerland
Tel: +44 (Hidden For Security Reasons)
Dear Friend,
With respect and humility, I decided to send this proposal to you, this however
is not mandatory nor will I in any manner compel you to honor against your will.
I head the special deposit department of a commercial Bank in a Country in Geneva,
Switzerland with branches in the London,U.K,Dubai (Name Withheld for Security Reasons)
I personally discovered a dormant account with a total sum
of $9,000,000.00 ( NINE MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS) during our Bank's
Annual Year Account Auditing
The owner of this dormant deposit was reportedly killed in a sucide bomb blast in iraq on
4th Jan 2006. Since the death of the deceased,no next of kin is listed on our bank customer information data.
This account has NO BENEFICIARY attached to it and it bears the same surname as you.
Definitely, this fund will be confiscated by our BANKING CODE OF ETHICS if
it remains dormant for period of (5) years without any claims. In this
regard, I earnestly need your full cooperation in transferring this dormant
fund out of our bank to avoid government remitting this fund for as abandoned fund.
I will split the transfer into two 2 stages for easy and smooth transfer.
I am contacting you because the deceased shares the same surname as you.
This was after a painstaking search through internet emails on possible
surname match.
First, I will transfer $500,000.00 to any valid foreign account you will
nominate, upon a successful transfer without any disappointment from your
side, I will then fly to meet you in your home destination for sharing, and
thereafter we jointly transfer the remaining balance of $8,500,000.00 In all transaction
you will retain 25% for taking the pains to participate.
If you are willing to cooperate in this project, please forward me your phone,fax Full name
and address, I will give you details immediately as soon as I hear from you.
Please note that you are required to treat this letter as very confidential.
Yours truly,
Mr.Robert A
Special Deposit Departments


I've been receiving this kind of mails for say, more than 20 times already. But thanks God, they never outsmarted me.

Thanks once again Shahid.
God bless"

I'll appreciate more from my readers to join hands to hands for the cause.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...